Beijing Retio Legal and Commercial Service Center for the BRI (hereinafter referred to as “the Center”) is a social service organization approved by the Beijing Law Society and registered in the Beijing Municipal Civil Affairs Bureau.The Judicial Reform Office of the Supreme People's Court of PRC identified the Center as a sub-project unit of the diversified dispute resolution mechanism reform project on October 14, 2016, and the Centre actively participated in the investigations, trials, and reform explorations organized by the Office of the Supreme People's Court Department Reform.
International Commercial Mediation Center for the Belt and Road (BNRMC) is the Center's mediation platform, aiming to assist the parties involved in disputes to resolve domestic and foreign civil and commercial disputes through mediation.
Functions of BNRMC are as follows:
- To appoint duly qualified mediators;
- To organize training for mediators to obtain required qualifications and capabilities;
- To provide governments, enterprises and other commercial entities within countries or areas along or related to the BnR, with mediation services under the Mediation Rules of the Center;
- To promote a harmonious, reciprocal and equal mediation culture among commercial entities within countries or areas along or related to the BnR through online and off line mediation, therefore helping to establish the economic order along the BnR;
- To cooperate with governments, judicial authorities, national mediation and arbitration organizations of the countries or areas along or related to the BnR to support the development of the international commercial mediation practice as well as the connection with other legal procedures including the connection of litigation and mediation, the recognition and enforcement of the mediation settlement agreement;
Based on the principles of public welfare, neutrality and professionalism, BNRMC conducts mediation work under the"Mediation Rules of Beijing Retio Legal and Commercial Service Center for the BRI and International Commercial Mediation Center for the Belt and Road”.